(These are not all the blogs I read. These are the ones that I think might be of interest to readers here/in my professional life. Just so we’re all clear …)
Library & technology related:
- Jessamyn’s Librarian.net has great links, commentary, and other useful things about library and technology of the day.
- danah boyd focuses on technology (and especially social networking sites) and teens at apophenia
- Our IS group worked with David Warlick at the start of this school year, and I’ve been reading his blog ever since. Good comments about technology and education.
- And for fun, Unshelved and Shelf Check, both library comics.
Authors and writers:
- Wil Wheaton
- Laurie King (who is currently doing some fascinating things with Twitter and various other technologies in preparation for her upcoming book launch.)
- Neil Gaiman‘s blog
- Dear Author (while I read only the occasional romance – I’m much more about SF and mysteries as genres – I really like their comments on publishing industry, fan community, and a number of other things.)
And finally, Tor.com, which has a number of fascinating people writing intriguing things. Elizabeth Bear got me hooked on watching the TV show Criminal Minds through her comments about characterisation on her personal journal: she’s now writing more thematic analysis for the Tor site. Jo Walton is a long-time friend, and anything she writes, I’m interested in reading. And so on and so forth. Lots of intelligent conversation about SF, fantasy, culture, community, and just plain cool stuff.